Reports to: Manufacturing Supervisor
- The employee is to perform all assembly and test functions with minimal supervision while demonstrating proficiency in all phases of assembly.
- Must be able to use hand and power tools, solder iron, and various testing equipment.
- The employee is to be capable of performing all tasks from written work orders, blueprints, sketches, assembly drawings, and wiring lists to produce through-hole and surface mount products as well as perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic mathematics and reading skills. Must be able to follow oral and written procedures.
- Equipment Familiarity: All hand and power tools.
- Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to distinguish all colors, have good manual dexterity and be able to perform some lifting.
- Working conditions/Health hazards: Working conditions are considered excellent.
- Trial period: Any new employee or employee promoted to this position shall be placed on a 180-day probationary period.
- Successful Candidate will work out of the Galaxy Corporate Headquarters in Frederick Maryland.
- Responsible to Galaxy Control Systems dealers, end-users, and Regional Sales Managers.
- Provide technical support to security dealers/end users for PC applications and access control system hardware.
- Assist our dealers with remote support and troubleshooting
- Interact with software systems engineering to restore service and/or identify and correct problems.
- Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Recommend system modifications to reduce user problems.
- Knowledge of PCs, PC networks, and Windows operating systems required.
- Microsoft SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of the security industry and access control (Mercury hardware knowledge required)
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Multi-tasking ability
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to take projects to completion
- Special consideration to those applicants who can produce a valid Passport.
- Successful Candidate will work out of the Galaxy Corporate Headquarters in Frederick Maryland or Strategic Remote Locations. (Remote positions will require visits to the HQ on a scheduled basis)
- Successful candidates could be required to travel when needed both CONUS and OCONUS.
Today’s working environment is constantly in a state of flux. Thus, although we attempt to reasonably describe the functions of this position, job descriptions may not always encompass specific functions actually performed.
Galaxy Control Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Galaxy is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Galaxy are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Galaxy will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.